www成人免费视频_91视频合集_久久久999久久久_91字幕网_91漂亮少妇露脸在线播放_77久久

食品伙伴网服务号
 
 
当前位置: 首页 » 专业英语 » 资源技巧 » 正文

这些与食物相关的习语,千万别用错

放大字体  缩小字体 发布日期:2020-11-05  来源:沪江英语  作者:foodtrans
核心提示:每个人都喜欢谈论食物,英语使用者也是一样!这里有一些他们喜欢用的习语,这些习语会为你的演讲增添趣味。下面我们开始介绍这些

每个人都喜欢谈论食物,英语使用者也是一样!这里有一些他们喜欢用的习语,这些习语会为你的演讲增添趣味。下面我们开始介绍这些习语:

1. Spice things up
增添情趣

You’ve probably guessed by now that to spice things up means to make them more interesting or exciting.
你可能已经猜到spice things up意为使事情变得更加有趣。

Instead of just buying Sam a birthday gift, let’s spice things up by taking him out for dinner.
不要只给汤姆买一个生日礼物,我们带汤姆出去吃饭吧,这样会更有趣一点。

2. A piece of cake
轻松的事,小菜一碟儿

A piece of cake refers to a task or job that’s easy to complete or accomplish.
A piece of cake指一件很容易完成的任务或者是工作。

I expected the English test to be difficult but it was a piece of cake.
我以为英语考试很难,但是不过就是小菜一碟。

3. Cool as a cucumber
镇定自若

Cucumbers have a refreshing taste and leave you with a cool, calm feeling. So if you’re cool as a cucumber, you’re someone who’s very calm and relaxed.
黄瓜口感清爽,让人感觉平静。所以如果你像黄瓜一样让人感觉平静,那你一定是一个非常冷静和放松的人。

My friend is nervous about taking his driving test but I’m cool as a cucumber.
我的朋友很担心他的驾驶考试,但是我很冷静。

4. Couch potato
电视迷

A couch potato refers to someone who spends a lot of time sitting on the couch watching TV.
A couch potato指整天坐在沙发上看电视的人。

After my uncle retired from his job, he became a couch potato.
我叔叔退休后成了一个电视迷。

5. Bring home the bacon
成功,谋生

To bring home the bacon means to make an income or earn a living to support your family.
Bring home the bacon意为赚钱养家。

Ever since her father was injured, she’s been working two jobs to bring home the bacon.
父亲受伤后,她就做了两份工作来养家糊口。

6. In hot water
有麻烦,陷于困境

When someone is in hot water, they’re in a bad situation or serious trouble.
当某人处于水深火热之中时,说明他陷于困境或者遇到了麻烦。

My brother is in hot water for failing all his college classes.
我哥哥因挂掉大学所有的科目而陷入麻烦之中。

7. Compare apples and oranges
无法相提并论

Apples are very different from oranges both in looks and taste. It’s hard to compare two things that are so unlike each other. So then, to compare apples and oranges is to compare two very different things.
无论是味道还是外观,苹果和橘子都很不一样。很难去比较完全不同的两种东西。因此,比较苹果和橘子就是比较两种完全不同的东西。

I’m not sure which I enjoy more—pottery or dancing. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.
我不确定自己更加喜欢哪一个 — 陶艺还是舞蹈。这两者无法相提并论。

8. Not one’s cup of tea
不喜欢…….

If something is not your cup of tea, it’s an activity you have no interest in, don’t enjoy or don’t do well in.
如果用not your cup of tea来形容某事,这就说明你对某件事并不感兴趣,不喜欢也不擅长。

Camping is really not my cup of tea so I’m going to visit my friend in New York instead.
我真的不喜欢露营,所以我打算去纽约拜访我的朋友。

9. Eat like a bird
胃口小

How much does a bird eat? Not very much, right? So to eat like a bird is to eat very little.
一只鸟能吃多少东西?吃不了多少,对吧?所以eat like a bird意为吃的非常少。

Don’t trouble yourself cooking such a big meal. I eat like a bird.
你就不要费劲儿做饭了,我吃的很少。

10. Eat like a horse
胃口大

Now, a horse is much bigger than a bird. So how much do you think a horse eats? That’s right, to eat like a horse is to eat a large amount of food.
马比鸟大得多了。那么一匹马能吃多少东西呢?就是这样,eat like a horse说明吃的东西很多。

My mother has to cook a lot of food when my brother comes to visit. He eats like a horse.
弟弟来我家的时候我妈妈会煮很多食物,因为他的胃口很大。

(来源:沪江英语)

更多翻译详细信息请点击:http://www.trans1.cn
编辑:foodtrans01

 
[ 网刊订阅 ]  [ 专业英语搜索 ]  [ ]  [ 告诉好友 ]  [ 打印本文 ]  [ 关闭窗口 ] [ 返回顶部 ]
分享:

 

 
推荐图文
推荐专业英语
点击排行
 
 
Processed in 0.034 second(s), 15 queries, Memory 0.96 M
主站蜘蛛池模板: 看看一级毛片 | 中日韩视频在线观看 | 国产欧美视频一区二区三区 | 日韩欧美一区二区三区不卡在线 | 日韩精品无码中文字幕一区二区 | 日韩精品中文字幕一区二区三区 | 亚洲国产成人久久综合 | 亚洲国产欧美目韩成人综合 | 精品一区二区三区在线视频 | 久久久久亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 国产国拍亚洲精品mv在线观看 | 成人精品视频在线观看播放 | 99精品热6080yy久久 | 国产真实夫妇视频 | 欧美视频亚洲 | 艺校水嫩漂亮得2美女 | 麻豆91hd | 久久久久久久久综合影视网 | 日本少妇浓毛bbwbbwbbw | 久久99精品国产99久久6尤物 | 放荡的少妇2欧美版 | 99爱精品视频 | 国产精品欧美在线 | 午夜一区二区福利视频在线 | 国产精品a在线观看香蕉 | 男人的午夜影院 | 久久精品中文字幕极品 | 福利在线一区 | 美女被免费网站在线jk视频 | 天天操综合 | 精品亚洲永久免费精品 | 欧美a在线看 | 久久亚洲精品无码va大香大香 | 亚洲精品中文字幕一区 | 国产2021成人精品 | 国产草| 精品欧洲av无码一区二区 | 成在线人免费无码高潮喷水 | 欧美日韩在线免费 | 亚洲熟妇av一区二区三区宅男 | 欧美xxxx18性欧美 |